Fridays After 5 free summer concert series, formerly known as Founders After 5, officially launches the first season of 2021 on June 4 in King Commons.
Season 1 of Fridays After 5 will run June 4 – July 23. The series will continue with the second season through September. Music begins at 6 p.m. and typically ends around 8 p.m.
Community members look forward to this event each year, and with a year off from all live music and events, we are expecting our community to be more eager than ever for FA5 2021. At FA5 we encourage attendees to support downtown businesses, order food to-go from their favorite downtown restaurant or stay after the music ends for dinner.
Almost every Friday night June through September, Fridays After 5 will be held in King Commons on the terraced area. The music series is free of charge, and the lineup is coming together nicely.
Season 1 lineup includes:
• June 4- The Get Right Band, a psychedelic rock power trio from Asheville, NC.
• June 11- The Broadcast, a soul rock band hailing from Asheville, NC.
• June 18- Donnie and the Dry Heavers, an Indie/Jam Band from Kingsport, TN.
• June 25- Loose Leaves, an eclectic alternative band from Johnson City, TN.
• July 9- The Kindest People, an indie/rock group from Johnson City, TN.
• July 16- Morgans Mill – a young country band formed of ETSU alumni.
• July 23- Sam Collie and the Roustabouts, a soulful blues and rock trio from Johnson City, TN.
King Commons is in Downtown Johnson City, located between Millard St and Commerce St. Parking is available in the Downtown Centre Parking Garage, and other various public parking lots downtown.
For more information about Fridays After 5, visit downtownjc.com/fridaysafter5 and @downtownjctn on social media.