The excitement is building in Gray for the upcoming Appalachian Fair! The dates are August 23rd-28th. In its 95th year, the Appalachian Fair is one of the longest-running fairs in the country and has established itself as the second largest fair in Tennessee.
James H. Drew Exposition will return this year offering ride specials every day!
• Monday, August 23rd – Unlimited Rides for $20 each
• Tuesday, August 24th – Student Night Special – Unlimited Student Rides for $15 each
• Wednesday, August 25th – Unlimited Rides for $20 each
• Thursday, August 26th – Unlimited Rides for $20 each
• Friday, August 27th – Unlimited Rides for $25 each
• Saturday, August 28th – 10am-11am – Free Rides: 11am-4pm – Unlimited Rides for $30: 4pm-close – Regular Ticket Pricing
Two popular attractions are the Barnyard Nursery and the Tennessee Wildlife Exhibit, where fairgoers can see live and wild animals in their natural habitat. The Museum Building has evolved into a wonderful learning and ‘remembering’ tool for fairgoers. Make time to visit the ‘country store’ and watch artisans working in the Museum.
The fair will be awarding ribbons and premiums all week to exhibitors of sheep, beef, and dairy cattle in the Livestock Barns.
The Farm & Home Building is home to competitive exhibits of culinary competition, canned goods, field crops, needlework, and photography.
Youth competitions are coordinated through 4-H, FFA, FCCLA, and CTE groups throughout the Appalachian Highlands. Each group will compete for ribbons, prize money and scholarships!
Appalachian Fair President, Rick Storey, shared, “With everything we offer at the fair for a ten-dollar admission ticket, it’s a fantastic bargain! You can see and experience the exhibits, livestock, the James H. Drew Exposition, the hottest country and contemporary Christian music acts, Demolition Derby, the Fairest of the Fair, Little Miss pageant, and Talent & Dance competitions. We have eighty acres of something that appeals to everyone and over $150,000 is offered in prize money!”
This year’s great line-up of entertainment for our 95th year will feature: Monday, August 23rd through Wednesday, August 25th the US Army Golden Knights Parachute Team at 7:00pm each evening. They will perform multiple jump sequences and maneuvers to the delight of the audience and fair-goers.
• Monday, August 23rd – Tyler Booth / Jameson Rodgers
• Tuesday, August 24th – Larry Fleet
• Wednesday, August 25th – Jordan Davis
• Thursday, August 26th – Casting Crowns
• Friday, August 27th – Matt Stell
• Saturday, August 28th – Jordan Feliz
Advance tickets for reserved show seats, season passes, general admission, ride tickets, and parking will go on sale July 24th at 9am at the Fairgrounds, 11am on appalachianfair.com and on July 26th at 11am by calling 423.477.1420.
For a complete schedule of events and to enter contests, please go to appalachianfair.com.
For more information, please contact us at 423.477.3211 or firstname.lastname@example.org.